We are owned and operated by The Lou Tate Foundation, Inc.
The Little Loomhouse is a Louisville Landmark and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Please help us in our mission by becoming a member or making a donation. We also accept membership dues and donations using PayPal:
- The Little Loomhouse is located at 328 Kenwood Hill Road in the Kenwood Hill neighborhood of South Louisville. (Map)
- Individuals, school and group tours available by appointment
- Drop-in visitors are welcome during regular hours, Wed – Fri 10am-2pm or Sat 11am-4pm
- Tour costs – $5.00 each – free for members (show membership card)
- Individual piece weaving also available for $12.00 each
- Group rates (10 or more) $10.00 each
- Please contact us at 502-367-4792 to schedule an appointment.
Limited Edition Mighty Oaks Shuttles
The Little Loomhouse is proud to offer a limited edition shuttle made from the old growth wood of one of the Mighty Oaks that once stood next to the Esta cabin, at the Little Loomhouse. Through this special offer, you now have the opportunity to own a piece of Little Loomhouse history.
These shuttles are hand made by Master Wood Crafter, Orville Moss. Each one is stamped with the Little Loomhouse brand.
All sizes are a flat rate of $15 and are available in the Little Loomhouse gift shop or by mail order. Please add $3.50 shipping and handling for mail order.
A VIEW FROM THE TOP, THE NEIGHBORHOODS OF IROQUOIS PARK AND KENWOOD HILL
The Little Loomhouse has received a 3rd printing of the popular, Kentucky Historical Society award winning book, A View from the Top, the Neighborhoods of Iroquois Park and Kenwood Hill. Pick up your copy at the Little Loomhouse today! All proceeds go to the Little Loomhouse.
SELF-GUIDED HISTORIC WALKING TOUR OF IROQUOIS AND KENWOOD HILL
The Little Loomhouse was awarded a grant from the Kentucky Historical Society and matching funds from Councilman Dan Johnson to develop a self guided walking tour booklet, which incorporates the historic sites and points of interest, of the neighborhood. Now, the booklet is complete and available for a minimum donation of $2.00, to the Little Loomhouse. The booklet includes historic facts about the area and many, never before seen pictures from private collections. Pick up your copy at the Little Loomhouse.