The Little Loomhouse is a Louisville Landmark and is on the National Register of Historic Places. We are owned and operated by The Lou Tate Foundation, Inc.
Our mission is to continue the legacy of founder Lou Tate, master weaver, by ensuring the preservation of The Little Loomhouse landmark cabins and by educating students of all ages about the history of weaving and textile arts through diverse programs, residencies, and community partnerships.
Our vision is for the Lou Tate Foundation to be the national leader of introducing weaving, textile arts, and their history from The Little Loomhouse landmark cabins.
The Little Loomhouse values diversity, inclusion, and equity as an organization, as an employer, and as a host to artists and communities from the region. The Foundation also serves students of all ages and cultures who want to learn about the history and practice of weaving, textile, fiber, and folk arts. The Foundation and its Board are deeply committed to providing diverse, high-quality programming and meaningful experiences that engage and enrich the community and expand our shared knowledge of other cultures, values, and perspectives.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity extends to the composition of the Board, our employees and volunteers, as well as to our partners and programs. We strive for diversity, inclusion, and equity in all areas including, but not limited to, gender, ethnicity, age, ability, religion, sexual orientation/identity, national origin, and socio-economic status.
The Foundation and its Board are committed to ensuring the Little Loomhouse continues as a stronghold for diversity, inclusion, equity, and creative expression. This work will support the economic development of the region, as well as enhance the quality of life for those we serve.
- The Little Loomhouse is located at 328 Kenwood Hill Road in the Kenwood Hill neighborhood of South Louisville. (Map)
- Drop-in visitors are welcome during regular hours, Tues – Fri 10 am-3 pm or Sat 11 am-4 pm.
- Historical Guided Tours are $5 (free for members) or with an individual weaving lesson and take-home souvenir $12
- Group rates (10 or more) $10.00 each, please call in advance.
- Field Trips, Staff Retreats, Speciality Fiber Classes for groups of all ages are available. Please call for your individually designed program.
- Please contact us at 502-367-4792 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Please help us in our mission by becoming a member or making a donation. Credit & Debit Cards accepted through Square.